Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Goodbye Eddie.

Whenever I think of Eddie Van Halen I think of him like this: as he was when I was a teen. Van Halen was one of my all-time fave. bands in highschool and they still are. Eddie died yesterday at the age of 65 from cancer. He had been battling throat cancer for over 10 years and he claimed was from holding a metal guitar pick in his mouth, but I tend to believe it was more likely from his heavy smoking habit. My hubby walked into the livingroom yesterday and said to me very non-chalantly, Eddie Van Halen died and at first I thought it was just another one of his sick pranks to mind-f*ck me and I replied, That's NOT funny! Don't even joke about something like that! What's wrong with you? and although I was aware he had cancer he seemed fine and then why- all of a sudden, but I figured if there was any actual truth to it it would say so on my entertainment website so I checked......and sure enough....there it was: the first story:
EDDIE VAN HALEN DEAD AT AGE 65.
I cried myself to sleep last night.

Always a handsome guy, with his mega-watt smile and that luscious long 80's mane, and he was a legendary guitar player,too, along the lines of Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, etc. he was one of the best. I remember a story when he was young how his mother had wanted him to play accordion but he wanted to learn guitar and it worked out better that he did! I had always wanted to see Van Halen  in concert( and it was one of the things on my Bucket List,too) but I sadly never got to and now I'll never be able to. My mother asked increduously, too, I never knew he played guitar! I thought he was a singer! I just stood there with my mouth hanging open in disbelief. SMH.  This is just so much, too much. We've recently lost Tom Petty, Prince, Rick Ocasek, David Bowie, and now Eddie,too, all my faves I grew up listening too and now they're all gone. It just makes me feel so old,too. At least Heaven will have one hell of a great band though.Just imagine the jam session up there?

Even recently he still looked good. I had read an article not too long ago as well saying the guy in real life was a real asshole,too, and I was sooo disappointed and I wailed to myself, Noooo, not Eddie,too!  like so many famous people are, these people you admire and then are crest-fallen to find out in real life they're horrible people that treat underlings and fans like shit but I hope it wasn't true but just a rumour. I like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt  and it's hard to see people you like as "bad guys". Eddie was a big part of my teen years and I still have several Van Halen  songs on my playlist today. I say goodbye to a guy who rocked my teen years.With him now gone a big part of my teenage years have died,too.

As for me, yesterday my abdomenal pain was really bad again and I also felt sick to my stomach from the pain and then remembered that I ate cabbage the day before- a big no no with my IBS and now I was suffering in a bad way. Ooooh, it was sooo bad and I also had sharp intermittant pains in my chest too only it was on the right side( not the left) so I'm not too worried about it and my belly is so swollen and distended now I look 6 months' prego and my guess is my inflamed liver,ascites, or maybe I have a tumour somewhere in there...I've also given up on my hubby ever getting me sunflowers so I decided that I should just call up a florist and order my own damn sunflowers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday.