Tuesday, June 11, 2024

70's Flashback.

I came across all these things from the 70's on a nostalgia page and it brought me back to happy memories of my childhood. I remember these wax lips you could buy at the variety store in the candy section. They also had wax buck teeth too. They were fun to wear but tasted like shit when you chewed them and tried to actually eat them. They tasted like eating wax candles. Now people actually have their lips injected to look like that only for real. It was also soooo cold yesterday it only got up to 16 C and it was cloudy and windy I was still sitting outside only I had to have a blanket on but it was perfect for Buddy who doesn't like the heat. We also got 2 of the same bills in the mail so it makes me wonder if my hubby forgot to pay it last month?

Oh, I remember these, bath oil beads. I loved those things so much! I had a whole jaor full of them. They smelled so nice and made your skin so soft. They also caused UTI's but whatever. You can't find them anymore, now replaced with bath-bombs. You used to be able to find them mostly at Christmas time and they made for fantastic stocking stuffers.I remember my older cousin loved them as well, and speaking of Christmas , Christmas songs played on my playlist and I had to skip them, saying to my iPod, Sorry, no joyful and triumphant today, you'll have to wait until December  and when the Bruce Springsteen Christmas song came on and he said , I think I hear a sleigh bell....I said, Oh, no, you don't... I also heard now before concerts you can go online and find out the set list ahead of time and find out exactly which songs the band will be playing and in which order but I think that kind of spoils the fun; I kind of like not knowing which song is coming up next; I like the surprise of not knowing and then the elation of after hoping they'll play your fave. song when it finally comes up.

I also had this leather hippie-style purse back in the day( as did every other girl,too) and I heard that the Eurovision song contest has been around since 1956 so it's 11 years older than I am and that's how ABBA and U2 got their start; by winning that which I never knew before( you learn something every day) and both Buddy and I have The Shits  for the past 2 days as well(and it feels like my ass is on fire!) so it must have been something we both ate( and I share everything with him except for onions, garlic, grapes,and chocolate which is harmful to dogs) but I have no idea what!

I also had(and still do have) these sandals, which hurt my feet  and legs but were the fashion. Everyone  had these back in the 70's. It always "gets" me too how trans men say that you don't need a dick to be a man, well, yeah...actually you DO since having a dick is what defines being  a man, and even though the kids want nothing to do with me now if it wasn't for me they wouldn't even exist since I was the one that brought them forth and gave them life so that should still count for something, and the 28 YR old was also invited to visit the 25 YR old in Ottawa  as well as my hubby and the 17 YR old but can't go as there's some convention and he's going to sell his art. Notice how I wasn't invited,and the deliberate snub of not even stopping off to visit me on Christmas when she was in town when she visited my mother will never be forgotten.😢

This was also a typical teething ring for babies in the 70's I still remember well and my younger cousins had it. My hubby also always thinks he's so smart and acts like he knows everything and is so much smarter than everyone else and knows more than I do and yet he's 60 years old and still didn't know what a churro was and I knew ever since I was a kid....so who's the dumb one now? Father's Day has also always been a hard day for me,too, as in school we always had to make cards, etc. and I was the only kid without a dad( so I just gave it to Dedushka but it wasn't the same) and I always had the same questions How can you not even know where he is? That's so weird! etc.(it turned out he was living  in Germany) and even with my own kids they make a big deal over it and fawn all over my hubby but ignore Mother's Day but this year he's in Ottawa so I get a break! Yahoo!

You will understand that you were abandoned at a very young age.-Pusheen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought For The Day.