Wednesday, July 26, 2023

I Love Summer.

This is my view in the backyard porch laying down looking up at the black walnut tree. I have to be careful now though I don't get pelted by the black walnut fruit as the squirrels take them off the tree! I love summer and I love being out in my backyard. It's completely surrounded by trees on all sides; I counted 20 trees in total that go all the way around the entire perimeter. It's so secluded and peaceful, like my own little tropical garden paradise, separated away from the world. The 28 YR old likes it too and says it's like a tropical jungle. I love the privacy, the trees, the birds, the nature. It's my fave. place of my entire house and I spend as much time as I possibly can out there. When it gets too hot though I go to the front veranda in the shade, like the rest of this week it's so humid with the humidex it's feeling like 42 C. Sultry summer days like this also remind me of when I was a kid; we had hot summers like this in Toronto in the 70's and 80's as well and I never even had A/C until we bought the old Ottawa house in 1993; all I ever had was a small fan on my bed-side table in my bedroom, and I remember visiting my fave. aunt  as a kid,too, and playing with the hose and running under her sprinklers to cool off. Those were good times.

I also saw Scooter Kid yesterday as well only he was with another boy and they were riding bikes and I was happy to see he had a friend(or a brother?) with him and he wasn't all alone like he usually is, and I saw the kids at the dance studio across the street doing cartwheels on the lawn as well and it was fun watching them as it brought back happy childhood memories for me as well, reminding me of myself doing the exact same thing myself as a kid, both with friends and by myself, and one thing I used to really be able to do perfectly  was a cartwheel. I also did gymnastics from age 4-20.I still know how to do it, technically, and if I really tried I might still be able to pull it off but I'm pretty sure I'd also injure myself in the process if I tried it now and most likely put my back out and possibly end up paralyzing myself. The mind is willing but the body says F*ck you!

 I was also surprised to see my hubby return home last night and when I heard the door I thought it was the 28 YR old coming back from work and I said, How was work? and when I saw it was my hubby I was stunned and said, it's YOU? What are you doing back? and as it turned out he had to leave again,anyway, because one of his brothers lost his driver's licence( and credit card) and he had to end up driving him back to Owen Sound ( a 6-7 hour drive each way) and what is it anyway with that family always losing and forgetting everything all the time,anyway? He also complained having to pick me up at the airport( a 2 HR drive each way)  that time my ride bailed on me and left me stranded at 1 am yet thinks nothing of a 6-7 HR drive each way for his brother, or a 7-8 HR drive each way for the 27 YR old to London...my mother will probably also be expecting him to bring her back a souvenir,too, and as far as I know he didn't but all he brought me back was a fridge magnet and an ugly cheap-looking towel he probably stole from the hotel, and he also bought this goofy child's hat for himself yet has the nerve to make fun of me for my weed hat and his younger brother also said NYC was the most beautiful city and the best place he's ever been and he really loved it and had the best time of his life.One of my cousins is also now on a plane with her BFF on the way to Jamaica( my fave, place!) but they're coming all the way from Europe so for them it's a much longer trip than it was for me; for me it was just a 3 1/2 HR flight.

It’s sometimes difficult to see a useful place for loose cats in society.-Arthur Davis



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Musing For Today.

I really, really don't.