Friday, August 18, 2023

Extended Summer.

Hey, check this out! How cool is this? I noticed it the other day when I came in the front hall from outside; it's shiny lights on the ceiling that remind me of Disco ball lights from the 70's and at first I wondered what it was; it's more than just the sun shining thru....and then I realized: it was the sunlight reflecting off my purple and blue sequin backpack(seen below) I had laying by the front door, awaiting it's adventure to the CNE in 3 days! It reflected onto the ceiling like this, like at a dance club! I didn't know if it would show up the same in a photo but luckily it still did. I also felt badly wasting the travel agent's time not being able to afford the cruise afterall and I wondered if the cost ended up double what it said in the e-mail was if it was in USD and ended up doubled when converted to our currency, or it it doubled after taxes( since we're always taxed to death here  in this shithole) but it turned out they charged me double; for 2 passengers even though I'm travelling solo, because they charge the cabins on a 2 passenger occupancy, ripping me off, basically "punishing" me for travelling alone! WTF,man! No way!

So, what I decided instead is to book an all-inclusive resort for a week( like I did in Cuba and Jamaica) in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic, where I haven't been before,bringing up my tally of countries I've been to 38 so it's someplace new, yet still in the Caribbean and tropical island( my Happy Place) where I can relax and watch the sun set at the beach, and get away from my family, my life,and my responsibilities for a week and pretend I'm someone else with someone else's life and just escape, and both my friend J( from Ottawa) and my Babushka's nephew go there alot, and it's from 12-19 September,too, so not that long to wait,(so not as likely I'll die beforehand) and because it's a last-minute deal, I got it for 695$ (reduced from 900$-something) so with tax it ended up 1195$ in total( 500$ was tax, almost as much as the trip!) and that incl. everything; the airfare, the resort, the food and drinks so I said to go ahead and book it so unless something else goes wrong or there's a hurricane or something I'm hopeful that this time it'll work out and I'll have an extended summer that goes until the third week of September!😁This way I'll also have $$$ left over so I can go away again next year (if I'm still alive, that is),too!

Yesterday my hubby also came back from pickleball shortly after he'd just left as this time he forgot his water bottle( he always forgets something! Duh!) and we also got the furnace bill thing all worked out; when they called about paying the bill again this time I just impersonated my mother and pretended that I was her (as they refuse to deal with anyone else) on the phone( complete with my faked quivering old lady voice and going, Whaaat? I can't hear you...) and gave her authorization to put the 120$ payment each month on her credit card to pay off the furnace for the next 10-15 years or so, which she doesn't even remember we recently bought,(and The Crazy Lady ex-room-mate of hers hasn't bothered her or come into her room in days now,too) and as I bent down to take a pan out of the "drawer" of the stove to cook a mouse was in there(in the pan!) and jumped out at me and scurried away, freaking me( and the poor mouse!) out, not expecting it there,and it was a grey one,too, meaning it was a baby, also meaning that there are more of them,too, a nest somewhere, as adult field mice are brown, and just because my scopes showed I don't have stomach or colon cancer still doesn't mean that I don't have some other type of cancer (or heart issues?) because I still have pain, extreme fatigue, sweats, weight loss, less appetite,edema, cough, etc. so something is still causing it, we just don't know what, we just know it's NOT gastric or colon cancer.

Sometimes the less you got the more you appreciate it.-Gianmarco

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Truth.