Saturday, August 19, 2023

I Miss The 80's.

I saw this photo online and it looks exactly like the TV we had in the 70's and 80's, incl. the Atari video game I had in the 80's. The only thing missing that our TV had are my school photo of the year on the top and a Blue Mountain Pottery statue. Those TV's sure were big and heavy with the wood frame but on the other hand they were also much harder to steal too than the light flat-screen TV's of today! The 70's was a great time to be a kid and the 80's was a great time to be a teen. They were simpler times, less tech and more freedom, and not to mention the great music. I can still clearly remember too sitting crossed-legged in front of my monster stereo, which was also wood like the TV, a long rectangular-shaped box with a lid that looked similar to a casket, listening to my 45's and long play vinyl records, incl. Beatles originals. I had tons of records but of course they were later lost in the fire in 1996, otherwise now they would probably be worth a small fortune.If I could go back in time I'd definitely go back to the 70's and 80's, that was when I was happy, except for the abuse and bullying parts.

Last night was also so cold( 16 C but really windy) I probably should  have closed my bedroom window and the travel agent booked my airline tickets so I'm all set to go and I got the window seats and extra leg-room like I wanted as well; I upgraded to the VIP and got a free checked bag as well and get to go in the small line in check-in instead of the huge one with hundreds of people( I hate, no,detest and abhor,long lines) and I still can't believe it's actually real and I'm really going on a trip in just 3 weeks or so and I have to pinch myself  so I know I'm not dreaming, and I have to fill out this online immigration thing for the Dominican Republic 3 days before departure too and there's a QR code they scan except I don't have a cell phone(I'm old and not high-tech and all I do is e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and my blog; I have no idea what Instagram, Snapchat,Tik-Tok,etc. are) and it worried me but the travel agent said there's a printed version they can do as well so I can just do that instead. Whew!



This photo brings back memories of my friends and I sitting in front of the TV playing Atari and my mother warning us not to sit "too close to the TV or it'll harm our eyes" and how we thought at the time the games were the most coolest things ever and it makes me laugh now as the graphics were so basic, esp. compared to what the kids have now, but for us it was new and "high" tech and I still remember having what I dubbed Atari Finger from pressing the joysticks so much my fingers hurt, mostly my thumb. I also planned on taking Dukoral  for my trip like I did in Jamaica 3-4 years ago after I had a bad case of The Shits in Cuba and last time it cost 75$ which was bad enough but I don't want diarrhrea for the week,either....but this time it doubled in price and now it's 175$ which is waaay too much( and it turned out they ran out,anyway and don't have any in stock) so I decided instead I'll just take lots of Imodium (for diarrhrea) with me instead, which is much cheaper. yesterday sitting out on the back porch I also smelled good food and thought it was coming from the neighbour's and it was the food I was cooking in the oven and the 28 YR old refused to eat it saying he "doesn't eat 'inferior' meat" and I told him, Inferior meat is all we can afford. I also heard Hamburger Helper apparantly is "Poor people" food and all this time I just thought it was "North American" people food.

Here is Buddy and I snuggling (I've never loved anyone like I love him and no one's ever loved me like he does,either)and I worry that he might die while I'm away on my trip and I hope not, esp. as he'd be frantically looking around all over for me and think I "abandoned" him when he needs me the most and I wouldn't be able to live with myself and with the guilt, and without him I'll lose everything that made life worth living as well and my mother has another room-mate( now # 5 or 6, I lost count) as the lady with the purple hair went home and my mother said she feels "washed-out" weak and tired so she might be "coming down" with something, and Public health nurses are going on strike(as well as the teachers might,too) but it doesn't affect the hospitals and a grocery stores in Toronto workers have also been striking for nearly a month now too and employers really should just pay(and treat) their workers better! People don't even have a living wage and can hardly even survive,esp. with the cost of everything so high and unaffordable!

Here is Buddy in his usual sopt snuggled up in my legs and it seems to me the wildfires in Maui are "suspicious" as well; it's not a usual thing for that area( tropical storms and volcanoes, yes, but not wildfires) and there were no warnings,almost like an attack, or an energy weapon "testing", and it makes me wonder if they were set intentionally, and with so many world-wide as well (it seems like the whole world is one fire) it makes me wonder if they were set on purpose in tandem to manufacture another global crisis/emergency like Covid to try and "justify" the next lockdown? Like the new "pandemic", to blame it on "Global Warming" and "Climate Change?" I really wouldn't put it past them,. all a part of the New World Order. My widowed Facebook  friend also said she didn't know weed improves sex and I explained how it "magnifies" all your senses, and she said she never dated a stoner before but I didn't have the nerve to tell her that you don't even need a partner; just some good weed and a 7 inch vibrator and you get mind-blowing orgasms; the kind where you grip the bedsheets, arch your back, curl your toes, and your eyes roll back and you can practically "see" the inside of the back of your head,and you don't just get one, but several; back-to-back, and only have to stop because you get too tired out and out of breath to keep going. 😜

We see poverty in most countries, but we really strive to see the beauty in one.-Jose Alberto

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Truth.