Friday, September 1, 2023

Hello September!

Holy shit, man, I can't believe it's already September! The lady from Home Care also phoned me yesterday and said a spot in an LTC home opened up (already!) for my mother in a nearby town 20 or so minutes away and they want her moving in on Tuesday....the first day my hubby's back at work after he gets back from NY late Monday night; a bad time, so I asked if we could wait at least until the next day and they said they only admit Tuesdays and Thursdays(and if you wait longer than 5 days you lose your spot and go back down to the bottom of the list so I'm glad it wasn't while I'm away for a week) so we got Thursday but have to pay an extra "holding" fee for the bed. I'm surprised it was so fast; we were expecting a year or more but they said the priority is clearing the hospital beds, plus they're probably also eager to get rid of her as she's such a big demanding pain-in-the-ass, too! HA! They said the admission process is 2-4 hours long,too(like registration day at college or passing thru immigration in Russia or the UK), so my hubby has to take the morning off work he won't be "happy" about but what can we do? The transfer service also charges a ridiculous 75$ every 15 minutes (that's even worse than the airport shuttle service) too so we said f*ck that; he'll just pick her up and toss her in the car and bring her himself at that price! The place looks really nice,too, and with so many activities it's more like a resort than an old-folks' home and she should hopefully be happy there.They also asked if she had the Covid "Clot-Shot" but also said that it didn't matter, thank God; I don't want them rejecting her after all that!

Growing up and for most of my life I've also been so closely "attached" to my mother as well it's always just only ever been the two of us and it's like I never really had my "own" identity; we were always a team, a pair, a "package deal" and when she finally moved out I just felt so emancipated, so free; it was like a giant "burden" had been lifted off and life at home now without her not here is now also so much less stressful and easier for everyone, and now she'll be further away we'll just be able to visit once a week, most likely on Sunday afternoons, and this will be a busy end-of-summer for all of us,too: my hubby in NY this week, then my mother's Big Move next week, and then I go on my trip the week after, and me swimming in the Caribbean Sea will also be my first time swimming all summer(and at the beach!) so I'm really looking forward to it! I LOVE being in the water; I'm almost like a mermaid or a fish!

The other day I also saw burgundy-colour hollyhocks, and I haven't seen them in decades but as a kid I used to see them all the time so it was nostalgic and brought back happy childhood memories, and I have more excema on my lower back again so I must have eaten something allergic, my guess is something with cream hidden in it(that might also explain the cramps and diarrhrea), and the 28 YR old said my cooking isn't "good enough" for him and he "only eats it if he's starving" and there's "nothing else" to eat, and it's insulting, so I decided from now on I'm not even going to cook for him anymore; why bother? I won't save him a serving anymore and just cook for the 16 YR old and I(and my hubby when he eats what I cook, but he's really picky and pretty well just eats the grilled chicken and the souvlaki but not the meatball stew, the lasagna, the Pesto chicken, etc.) and yesterday outside the back porch it stunk really bad,too, like stinky feet, and every time I hear about a suicide I always want to know how they did it,too, so I can get some "pointers" because all the ways I've tried have never worked.
If at first you don't succeed, keep trying.

It's time to smoke another doobie and disappear into my own mind.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Chuckle.