Sunday, October 1, 2023

Opa!

Yesterday I went to a local Greek festival and this year they had the moussaka and  the loukoumades I love so I was one really happy camper! Yahoo! I got 2 dinners; one souvlaki and one moussaka and each also came with Greek salad( naturally) and rice, some Feta cheese, Tzatziki sauce,a couple of potato chunks, and a slice of pita bread. They cost 20$ each so luckily I brought enough $$$ (and I also got the loukoumades which are like Greek donut holes slathered in honey and coated in cinnamon-yum!) and a T-shirt) and what I did was divided up the dinners half each(so we each get some of everything) and I ate half and brought the other half to my mother when I visited her after and she was literally just down the street and around the corner. She was so excited for the food,too, she was even waiting outside for us for 2 hours! HA! They also had traditional dancing and their dress looked Roma(Gypsy) and reminded me of when I was in Greece(I went to Athens, Patmos, and Santorini) and the waiters at the restaurant did the dancing and Santorini was also one of most-fave. places I've ever been,too, and the McDonald's at the  airport in Athens had this window as well you could sit and eat and watch the planes take off and land from the runway, or at least they did several years ago when I was there.

It's funny as well how Opa! in Greek is a word of celebration but in German it means grandpa and I can still remember when I was a kid,too, my Greek friends had to go to Greek school after school and some of them took Greek dance lessons as well just like my Latvian friend in grade 8 took Latvian dance class and one time I even went to one of her recitals,too. At the Greek festival they even had 2 city mayors and an MP give speeches and they even took part in a traditional Greek dance where everyone links arms and dances together. It was really awesome and I had a good time. My hubby dropped me off (he's so not into culture)and he and the the 16 YR old went looking for new glasses but still never found any and afterwards they picked me up and we visited my mother.Just for laughs I also told the 16 YR old to yell out malaka! in the parking lot, saying it was Greek for "Good Day" (it isn't, ha, ha) but he knew something was up and he didn't.

My mother also said she wants us to bring her photos of all the grandkids except the 28 YR old( she's still mad about his euthanasia comment and she holds grudges forever, for decades) and I told her that was really mean; to just exclude one person like that, just like how at Christmas the 27 YR old buys gifts for everyone except me, and that everyone has to be incl, and next Sunday for Thanksgiving she also wants us to all go there and have dinner, which may pose a problem if she doesn't want the 28 YR old to come(or if he doesn't want to go due to her treatment of him) because he is still a part of the family wherther she likes it or not and I won't exclude him! This month(I can't believe it's October already!) he also turns 29 and the oldest turns 34( holy shit, does that ever make me feel really old!) and he bought this artificial sunrise gadget as well that goes from making the room a dark black to gradually going red to orange to yellow, imitating a sunrise, and yesterday I could have sworn I brought my clothes down but couldn't find them anywhere and it turned out I'd tossed them with the laundry and they were in the washing machine( duh!) and I also had this pea-sized sore lump on my vay-jay-jay that eventually popped so maybe it was a pimple or boil or something, or maybe even an ingrown hair from when I shaved The Beaver and all day yesterday I also had this weird headache too that felt like a big thumb kept pressing hard behind my left eye.

He'd soar like an eagle on the hill Where he went when he ran from the raging storm.-The Payola$

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Thought.