Monday, July 15, 2024

Post-Op.

Here is my hubby's knee with the bandage off and I have to say it looks good, much better than I thought; just 3 staples and no bruising although I am surprised that they didn't shave the hair off beforehand to keep the area sterile. Yesterday he was also finally able to have a shower and get it wet after 48 hours after feeling like an unwashed peasant, ha, ha, and he said at one point yesterday the pain went to a 4/10 on the pain scale but still bearable and not bad enough to ever need to take any of his pain meds and now it's like a 2/10 yet his work still expects him to drive in all the way to Toronto in just 2 more days which  is a 2 HR drive each way just 5 days after his knee surgery which I think is a bit too much too soon; I mean ,a short drive into town maybe but I think that's too much. He also has a follow-up with the orthopedic surgeon in 2 weeks.

I also noticed that Mr. Sunflower now has 3-4 plants, and I saw the baby cardinal (who has now left the nest) proudly showing his parents his new home in the maple tree at the front of our house( their nest is in the backyard) and it was just the sweetest thing to see, and the dance studio across the street also has their yearly summer day camp too with 8-13 kids each week, and I heard the Olympics are on later this month as well I'd forgotten about actually,, and no, I won't be watching and I couldn't care less.I still laugh as well remembering my mother's cousin(who emigrated here from Europe with his family back in the early 80's and his youngest child and all his grandchildren were later born here) saying when he was younger how he "wanted to see the world" too so he joined the navy....only to be stationed in a submarine off the coast of South Africa, and I failed as a mother,too, with all my kids turning away from both me and God and  once they left home for Post-Secondary they were all lost to the world,too.
Every single one.
One by one.

I'm not a "fan" of Trump but I think him surviving the assassination attempt (and remember, there's still Netanyahu over in Israel....)means one of 2 things:
-Either it's just not his Time and he's not meant to die yet and God saved him
or:
-he's the Anti-Christ and he can't be killed.
Some people are also saying they're glad the shooter was killed too but I never celebrate when anyone is killed. He was still someone's son and someone still loved him. 
I still can't help but Admire Trump though despite being shot he was still defiant and pumped his fist saying Keep fighting!
The guy's got balls though, you got to give him that, and it's a good reminder to the rest of us:
Never let your haters win.

Oh, how I want to be free, baby Oh, how I want to be free Oh, how I want to break free.-Queen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's NOT Because I'm Stuck-Up.

I got this from Quora and it's just soooo me. It's NOT because I'm "stuck-up" or "aloof" or because I'm ...