Thursday, September 5, 2024

Crannies.

Here is a sample of the Cranberry Collection glass I found online in case you were wondering what they look like and a photo of my own collection is shown in the photo below. I first started collecting them as my fave. aunt had them when I was a kid and I always loved it so when I grew up I started my own collection and it reminds me of her and of a happy time in my life. I also saw the school buses back yesterday and I remember when I was in Toronto the first day back was only ever half a day,too, I guess not wanting  to torture us too much all at once but gradually but here it's a full day just like it was for me my last year of highschool where it wasn't in Toronto, and,in fact, it was also the time I got the most homework of the entire year,too; 4 hours! I hated that school!

Here is my collection and the one in the upper left that looks different is a special antique family heirloom. It belonged to my Babushka's mother( so that would be my Great-Grandmother!) who received it as a wedding present so it's from Europe from the early 1900's. I had always admired it even as a kid and told Babushka and always liked to look at it every time I visited her and now I inherited it and it's mine and I will always treasure. I've also always liked Gerry Rafferty's song Baker Street ever since I was a kid and finally as an adult during my many travels one day I found myself on a bus in London riding down the actual Baker Street too and I thought of the song and it made me smile.

I also tried the new McDonald's Big Arch Burger yesterday and it was good and I enjoyed it. It was so big( similar sized patties as the Grand Big Mac and 3 slices of cheese) I couldn't eat it all at once and saved some for later and I just had to pick off the pickles like always but I would definitely get it again although it's probably only here for a limited time.The NDP also finally (it's about time!) ended their agreement to support the Trudeau Liberal gov't so now they can bring down the gov't any time and call an early election( let's hope so!) giving us a chance to finally get rid of  twatwaffle Trudeau! They also wanted to separate themselves from a "sinking ship" but I don't think people will be quick to forget how they supported the bastards for as long as they did,either..

Look closely. Can you see him?
There's a brown rabbit in our yard. He's in the shaded area.
I couldn't get any closer because rabbits are very skittish and I knew if I moved close it would hop away.
I can still sadly remember as well a story my mother told me about a colleague when she worked at Sick Kids hospital whose 12 year old son was camping with his Scouts group and he'd caught a fish and put it in his vest pocket...and a bear came and swiped at his chest trying to get the fish and tore him apart and he died. I think it was one of the most horrific and tragic things I have ever heard and I will never forget it.

I also like this cool sweater and the 29 YR old got these fancy expensive earplugs he said is for his singing and at first I thought it was for us, so  we didn't have to hear him singing( ha,ha) but it's actually for him so he can hear his pitch or something better by blocking out other sounds and he described it as sort of like when you put your fingers in your ears and speak and that's the sound you get. I also can't believe I finally get to see ELO live in concert in just 4 more days and I've liked them even longer than I've liked Billy Idol,too; for as long as I've liked KISS(who I saw a few years ago) since I was like 8 years old or so. I just hope nothing goes wrong to cancel or ruin it...

Life has been tough. Alone I would have never made it. God helped me through it.-Dorothy Sciortino

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Chuckle.