Friday, July 14, 2023

Bismuth.

Last week at the Ethnic festival there was a vendor selling sculptures that fit in your hand made of bismuth(which is a metal more rare than silver and looks like silver but has a rainbow sheen on it) and I asked him if he had any hippos and he said he had one but just sold it( just my "luck"; it figures) but that he was coming back to the Sidewalk Sale here this week so when it started yesterday I went looking for it but he said he didn't bring it, not really thinking I'd show up( he comes all the way from Montreal) and I was disappointed but he took my contact info(phone and e-mail) and said the next time he'll be around is next month at a Ribfest in a nearby town so I'll try again. They're not 'cheap" by any means(Hell, nooooo) but they're so unique and cool! My hubby and I also checked out an LTC Home yesterday as well and I was surprised it was much better than I was expecting and sort of like a combination of a hospital and a hotel; it was actually quite nice and they have nice gardens as well, good food, even Trivia(and other activities) just like on the cruise ships, a hair salon, etc. and it did have A/C and didn't have that "Old People" smell or stink like pee or anything; I was really impressed, actually. I think my mother would like it and when I visited her I brought her a brochure they gave me. She also introduced me to her fave. nurse as her mother  and he laughed and then she goes, Oh! I'm confused!(she mixed up the words "daughter" with "mother") and even said to me, Do you have 6 toes? It looks like you have 6 toes! and I told her no, she was just seeing things.My friend F( in Ottawa) did  have extra toes and fingers though which she had cut off when she was a baby.

At the Sidewalk Sale I also found this shirt(shown here) I had been looking for 3-4 years but had almost forgotten about but there it was.....and half-price, too, and I had a cool "fusion food",too: Butter Chicken quesadilla, a mix of Indian and Mexican, and I have nick-names for the neighbours as well, such as Mr.Sunflower, The Teacher, The Man With The Black Dog, etc. so I wonder what they call me, probably something like The Pothead, Old Stoner, The Bald Lady, and last night when I was watching The Blacklist finale there was something flying around the room,too, something big( not an insect) either a bird or a bat that must have got into the house but it was dark(I had the lights off) and I couldn't see what it was, and the finale was sort of anti-climatic as I was sort of expecting Reddington( who is a bad guy but also the "protagonist"; he's still a "likable" character you "root" for) would go out in a dramatic shoot-out, in a blaze of glory sort of thing but he retreated to the Spanish countryside to evade capture and to find peace and he ended up gored to death by a wild bull! I also thought that it wouldn't hurt my back bringing up the empty recycling bins back up onto the veranda after pick-up but I was wrong.
Wrong. Wrong, wrong.So wrong.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Laff.