Friday, July 7, 2023

Sigmund Colon.

Yesterday the doctor finally called around 2 pm with my CT scan results: fatty liver and "thickening of the sigmoid colon" ( which  reminds me of Sigmund Freud...Sigmund Colon....Sigmoid Freud)  the lower part of the colon that connects to the rectum, and it's not up to the radiologist to diagnose what might be the cause; just to note any unusual findings and then the doctor orders further testing so my doctor said he's going to book with Gastro and get me yet another endoscope(for the bad heartburn and stomach pain) and colonoscopy(at the same time luckily so only one prep, one IV, one anesthetic, etc.) and said, "Don't worry; they'll use 2 separate tubes!" and I told him, "If not, at least have them do the one down the throat first and then shove it up the ass last!" The worst is always the prep; the fasting on liquids for 3 days before(and I'm starving) and the gross drink before that makes me shit my ass bleeding and raw. I just hope it's NOT booked while my hubby's in NYC for 5 days though as they won't send you home in a taxi after you've had an anesthetic. The doc said the "thickening" could just be my diverticulitis or it could be colon Cancer(which I am high-risk for due to my family history of colon cancer plus twice before I had pre-cancerous polyps removed) and the fatty liver could  be due to my Alpha-1 anti-trypsin deficiency or liver cancer.

Today my stomach and abdomenal pain is also really bad as well and I visited my mother who now has a new room-mate and I'm glad her other one's gone as she was always so nosey, listening to our conversations and commenting and I was surprised she was only 60;too( just 4 years older than me) as I thought she looked at least in her mid-70's, and my mother said she'll "probably be in the hospital all summer" and said they might "send her to a 'blood hospital' in Kingston" even though that might just be a delusion as I've never heard of such a place; just the usual hospitals, and I wonder if she might even have Lewy Body Dementia  too( the same thing Robin Williams had) esp. with her mental decline, delusions and physical decline. It's like Alzheimers but with physical decline as well, combined. My hubby also said with just me doing the grocery list( and not my mother as well) it's much smaller lately and costs less $$$.



It was also scorching hot yesterday as well when you open the door it felt like an oven ,and some places are having Christmas In July sales and I remember when our Ottawa YMCA had an actual Christmas In July party and R brought a turkey and others brought various dishes and we decorated like for Christmas and exchanged gifts. I also saw mosquitoes  outside so gigantic they were even bigger than wasps( holy shit!) and some entertainment site said the "funniest" movie of all-time was that stupid Groundhog Day as well but they must have confused "funniest" with "stupidest" , and I think the funniest movie ever was Airplane from 1980 and my hubby found lazy garlic bread,too! It's like Texas Toast bread in a loaf that already comes with garlic butter on it and you just pop it in the toaster! I couldn't believe it! Normally I have to put my own garlic spread on French bread and make my own! What a thing; lazy garlic bread!  I also could really relate to this quote I found online by Vincent Gere:
It hurts to be betrayed in ways only those betrayed in the same way can really understand.

Oh Dread I check for you Never, ever, ever gonna let you go.-Althea and Donna.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday.