Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Where Have All The Birds Gone?

I saw this cable-knit sweater dress yesterday online and I love it! It would look really nice with black leggings and my Converse Chuck Taylor Hi-Tops  but it cost 69$ (and I'm not sure if that's US$ so if it is then it'll end up much more with the exchange rate) and if it's from China I'm afraid of getting ripped off; that the actual item won't look anything like in the photo and I'll get ripped-off(like I have before) so probably the best thing to do is just save the photo and look for something similar in real life(maybe even at the "Ex" next week?) instead where I know what I'm getting. I still also haven't heard or seen any birds in days now; no chirping or singing or anything; our yard is completely devoid of birds and usually there's lots making me wonder if they can sense some really big storm or some other natural disaster or something is coming and they've sought shelter elsewhere; I mean, not even sparrows on the lawn or grackles, blue jays or cardinals in the trees; absolutely nothing, just an eerie still silence, almost like a foreboding of some sort, and then I wondered if maybe they still are singing only I can't hear  them but then ruled that out because I can still hear the crickets and cicadas and I don't see any birds,either.so I'm pretty sure they've all flown away and it's just so weird..Where have all the birds gone?

We also got contacted by the furnace people saying we're "deadbeats" and didn't pay the monthly bill but we never got a reminder; no bill in the mail, so in our defence we didn't know, as we've benn trying to keep up with all my mother's bills since she's been in the hospital since the beginning of June so we called them and asked about it but were told they "can't discuss financial issues" with anyone except her...only she's in the hospital waiting for a place in a LTC home and never coming back or taking care of finances anymore so my hubby told them plainly to either start dealing with him now or else the bill simply won't get paid(what are they going to do, reposess the furnace?), and my mother's delusional and confused half the time anyway and when I asked her how she pays the bill( cheque, direct deposit, etc. she didn't even remember) and she has a new room-mate now as well and the poor woman's always crying out in pain( you';d think they could give her something to ease her suffering; it's just cruel) and for the past few times I've visited the elevator's been broken too and I have to use the stairs(are they ever going to fix it? It reminds me of The Big Bang Theory TV show) and I get so out of breath! I also don't know how to live anymore once Buddy's gone and once he's gone I won't have any reason to anyway. He hasn't peed on the carpet at all yesterday,either, and when he had to go he'd whine to let me know!

Yesterday I was also making a sort of casserole thingy only for some reason I got confused( and I hadn't even smoked weed; it's just me) and I was supposed to only put 3 1/2 cups of liquid in total and I always do half water and half milk( to make it more creamy) only for some reason I got mixed-up and put 3 1/2 cups each of milk and water, so ended up with twice as much liquid and so it ended up looking more like a soup than a casserole and I tried to pour out most of the extra offending liquid and I hope the 28 YR old doesn't notice( he also takes it for his lunch to work today) and I never said anything....and I heard back from the travel agent who is looking into things and said now all  countries have finally just lifted the Covid vaccine requirement( I was successfully able to wait it out)  and now teachers are also thinking of possibly going on strike again like they often do in the early school year and I'm so glad we never had to worry about all that shit.One of the many benefits of homeschooling.

Don't rush it. You are where you need to be in your journey of recovery.-Linda Vincent



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Truth.