Friday, July 26, 2024

Summertime!

Seeing this made me smile and brought back happy  summer childhood memories! The Tilt-A-Whirl has always been one of my all-time fave. amusement park rides(along with The Zipper) and I can still remember that one time at the CNE (the "Ex") my cousin was with us and he's a few years older than me and a big guy( remember, I was small, thin, and tiny) and he also had a cast on his arm from when he fell off his bike and broke it( he'd also broke his ankle another time too when we jumped off the veranda railing; I was ok but he wasn't so fortunate) and this was back in the 70's too when casts were heavy hard plaster and the ride always kept tilting to the one side so that he always ended up leaning on me and squishing me! My fave. part though is when you get it just right and can spin it round and round. Wheee!! I still love those rides although now I can't bear to stand and wait in line that long.
Not without passing-out anyway.
 I also thought that last summer would be our last summer together for Buddy and I and am glad we still got this one but this one will most likely be our last since next month he'll be 18 1/2 but each day I still have him is a gift I will enjoy and be grateful for.

Yesterday Joe Elliot from Def Leppard (one of my fave, bands and I finally got to see live) also liked my post on Facebook  and it made my day because it means he read it, and the radio DJ said that 65 % of people aren't even bothering to watch any of the olympics,either, so for once I'm actually in the majority, and I also saw Mary Lou Retton( former olympic gymnastics champion) on TV and she's in her 50's now and I was shocked and surprised to see how old  and saggy and wrinkly she looks now,too, and even she has flabby upper arms(like I do) too, even a well-toned olympic athlete so now I don't feel so bad!

 It's also sad that baby on my prayer list that had the heart transplant was due to be discharged from the hospital today after several months but he just died the other day following what should have been a routine cath procedure but he kept bleeding and "coded". You just never know.Tomorrow my hubby and the 29 YR old are also going to see the new Deadpool/Wolverine movie the radio DJ referred to as a Nerd Movie (ha,ha!) and I have no interest in and, in fact, I haven't seen any of them.
Yawn. 
You couldn't even pay me to go see that.

This also takes me back to the 70's and 80's my childhood and teen years, and I keep putting dryer freshener sheets on the grocery list too and my hubby keeps taking it off and never gets them and I asked what's up he says it's 'too expensive" but it's still something we need regardless, no matter what it costs, just like how you still need toilet paper, menstrual pads, etc.and we don't want to have hard, stiff, musty-smelling clothes, and he almost picked up the wrong meatballs for my stew too; he almost got the Italian ones instead(which were on sale) of the sirloin ones even though it would alter the taste and ruin the stew, like the time he got the Swedish ones by mistake and it tasted weird and no one would eat the stew. 

I would also describe giving birth as pushing out a big cabbage head attached to a watermelon out of a cherry-sized hole with the hole pried open with a tire iron and a blow torch turned on, and my hubby had his follow-up with the surgeon yesterday as well and had the staples removed and one of them the skin had already started to grow over it so it pinched and hurt as it was removed but now his mobility is much better and not as tight and stiff and he's able to bend and move it much better and can slowly start  working his way back to gentle exercise.

I also heard this weird thing that guys said you can tell a woman's "mileage" by the "mound" on her pussy; if it's flat she's "low mileage" but the more she's been "pounded" the more it's "rounded" and being cremated takes about 2 hours as well but it's not really "ashes" like you think; everything actually burns away and it's just bones/skeleton left  that they put into a grinder and grind up into a powder, which are the so-called "cremains" which actually sounds much grosser than just having it all burn to ash, and I had a thought as well: years ago how Patti kept offering to take my sweater home to fix the hole maybe the real intent was just to get a personal item of mine so she can put a curse on me? It's good I never gave it to her just in case because you just never know...

We've got to raise vibration.-Lenny Kravitz

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Thought.