Sunday, October 13, 2024

Thankful.

Yesterday my hubby picked up the pumpkin pies I'd ordered at the bakery and they used to be 10$ each and then went up to 12$ and are now 15$! Everything has just gone up sooo much lately and has just gotten soooo expensive! He also had to stand and wait in line for 40 minutes as the line was sooo long it went all the way outside the bakery and around the corner!! Of course I had to "test" a piece yesterday as well, you know, just to make sure it's safe for my family to eat and not poison, ha, ha, and this morning I had a piece for my breakfast too, because what if I died today before dinner and before I got to have my pie? The 25 YR old is also in New Brunswick for a mini-vacay for this long holiday weekend and when I asked my hubby why she'd go there he showed me this beautiful photo she took of a lighthouse on a pier with a stunning pink sunset in the background and he goes, That's why! I wonder from the looks of it if she's at the Bay of Fundy to watch the tide? There's also this Soccer Fest thing here all weekend with games,vendors, and all kinds of FREE stuff but I'm still not interested and I also heard there was a hockey game at the same place I saw my concerts at last night,too, which surprised me; I never knew they had redneck stuff there!

My hubby also did end up getting a third turkey like my mother said, as always obeying her and being her obedient little toady( he never stands up to her or says no to her; it's embarrassing) and 3 nights a week now the 29 YR old goes what he calls "bar hopping" too I don't approve of and it also worries me too as I fear he might get caught up with the wrong people and end up stabbed or shot and every night he goes it always fills me with so much anxiety and worry and stress, and I heard a dog at the corner house( the new people) barking that sounded like Buddy and I hoped it's not a Dachshund because once Buddy's gone it would always be a sad reminder reminding me of him but I finally saw it today and it's not, it's just some mutt mixed-breed,and now he pees on his bed and blankets all the time  he's so old and incontinent and I have to wash them now with every laundry load. The 29 YR old also borrowed my weed hat to harvest his boss' cannabis plants and he commented that he "Always dresses for the occasion" and of course he never mentioned that it was my hat and just took "credit" for it.

My mother is also coming later today for our big Thanksgiving dinner and I remember I was surprised when she told me before that before she met my father and they got married that she was actually almost  engaged before to a guy she'd been dating and  she described as a handsome Native Indian man and he proposed to her at a party and she wasn't expecting it and wasn't ready to settle down and get married and felt she was too young and he was so dejected and heartbroken he couldn't even face her after that and had his friend take her home. That's just so sad, she broke his heart,and to think I could have been half Native(and probably would look alot better,too!) She also said he "drank" but ironically so did my father eventually,too. If she HAD married him things would have been so different and I wouldn't even BE me as I am now and that would have been a good thing!  Ethel Kennedy also died at 96(she was a strong woman,too, a widow who raised 11 kids on her own) and I admire she aged naturally and didn't get all nipped, tucked, and pulled  despite her fortune and didn't look all phony, fake and "plastic" like most rich women and celebs, not like those Real Housewives of------------(insert name of city here) that all look like drag queens!

I finally heard from my friend in Sarasota too and luckily she's fine and still has a house after the hurricane but her power was out for 2 days but says others in her area won't have it restored until the 17th and her InterNet was out and her phone got smashed and her fence is destroyed but not so bad considering, but she said it was really scary, and Israel contines to target schools, hospitals, refugee camps and UN workers, and on the news they also said in 10 years rents are expected to double and in Montreal be 4K a month, and 5K in Toronto and 6K in Vancouver! That's just outrageous!! Who the hell could afford that? They also said pre-Covid the Toronto foodbank saw 60K clients a month and now it's up to over 300K!
Holy f*ck!!

I also found the wedding photo(seen here) of the news reporter I told you about yesterday wearing that beautiful gown. She's now on Maternity Leave with her second child.😊

I've got to keep on keepin' on-Steve Miller Band

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Musing.