Yesterday I had to go all the way over to the "field" area of the backyard (I call "The Jungle") to get these photos of the vine leaves changing over to the pretty fall colours and in doing so I also ended up getting a bunch of prickles all over my pants and socks that took forever to pick off.
But at least I got my photos.
You're welcome.

Today is also Truth & Reconciliation Day to commemorate this shithole country's worst shame:
Indian Residential Schools, where thousands of Indigenous children were forcibly removed from their parents, familes, homes, and communities and sent off to residential schools jointly run by the gov't and the Church where they were molested, abused, and even killed, all to "beat the Indian out of them" where they were forced to conform to "White" ideals and were forbidden to speak their languages or practice their culture.
It was something you'd think ended in the late 1800s or early 1900s but it's much more recent than that: the last Residential School just closed 30 years ago.
To remember we wear orange shirts every 30 September to honour the victims and my hubby complains they "stole" HIS orange shirts as he's always worn orange shirts; it's kind of his "thing" and I told him it's actually a good thing because it's so popular everyone is copying him although it would make it harder to find him in a crowd of orange shirts today. That was originally why he started wearing it actually, to make it easier for the kids to find him in a crowd.

Yesterday I also finally cut Beja's nails.
ALL of them.
I drugged him.
I gave him CBD oil, like I gave to Buddy before for his pain but remember a side-effect was he was also really sleepy, floppy, out-of-it , woozy,relaxed, mellow,and docile,like when you just come out of surgery so I figured it would make the task of cutting his nails easier and he still did squirm and wiggle and fight me but nowhere near like how he normally does; he just didn't have the regular "fight" in him and he kept nodding off so whenever he did I'd "sneak" in a nail and get it cut and then he'd wake up and shriek and then nod off again and I'd just keep repeating the process and it took over 30 minutes but I finally got it done. He looked really wasted though and would jump and startle at every sudden sound and movement and was limp,calm, and "spacey" and slept for hours and finally around 3 am it wore off and he was "back."
My hubby was so mad always fighting with him he said he just "gave up" and wasn't even going to try again so this was my last chance.
I felt badly and it broke my heart for having to drug him and felt bad he looked so miserable, sad, scared,and vulnerable, but I really had no other choice as the only way I was going to cut his nails was to sedate and subdue him. I cut them really short too so I hopefully won't have to again for quite awhile. It was hard on both of us but sometimes you just have to do unpleasant things for the greater good even when it hurts.
I still remember my mother saying her father as a boy tried chloroform on his family dog but I guess he used too much and it died but luckily you can't over-dose on CBD oil.

Hey, you
Don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.-Pink Floyd
