Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Blondie.

Yesterday I saw that rare blonde squirrel again and I was finally able to get a photo of it( shown here) so you wouldn't think I was just making it up or imagining it because it's very unusual. Most squirrels around here are black or grey but here he is, live and in the flesh.
I named it Blondie.
I wonder if it might be an albino version of squirrel and it looks like it bleached its fur with that cheap bleachy-blonde and I've even seen a couple of smaller blonde ones as well so it has babies,too.
Beja also had a prickle of some sort right in the middle of his forehead I was finally able to get off, not an easy task as he doesn't exactly keep still and he kept wiggling and when I got it out some fur also came out with it so now he has this bare spot and it looks like a little bindi. 😂

I also found this during our walk and now it really  looks like fall, too, with more leaves changing colour and falling off the trees, and I came across this meme and it reminded me of this actual true story my mother told me about her father( that would be my grandfather) and his friend who was German: his friend was wondering why he didn't get Remembrance Day off as he said "I fought in the war(WWII) too!"  and my grandfather reminded him, "Yeah....but you were on the wrong side!"
He was a U-Boat commander.
It's also sad to realize if they had met during  the war( my grandfather also fought in) they would have been enemies  on the opposite side trying to kill eachother but after the war they were friends.

I found this nostalgic photo of bikes in the 70s with the Banana seats and I loved them so much. Girls also often had the little wicker baskets with plastic flowers at the front and coloured ribbons hanging off the handle bars. I wanted one soooo badly and my fave had the sparkly purple seat with flowers on it but my mother never let me have a bike saying it was "too dangerous" in a big city so I just had to sneak and borrow my friends' bikes. I let my kids have bikes, they just had to always wear helmets. We never even had  helmets when I was a kid.
We were warriors.
I didn't get my first bike until I was 18; a red one and I still have it in the shed.

If Jah is standing by my side Then why should I be afraid-Tony Rebel

 

Musing For The Day.