Friday, September 18, 2026

Trash Pandas.

Last night as I went to put Beja out the back for his nighttime pee I was shocked to see 2 big fat raccoons (AKA "Trash pandas") out on the back porch so I just shrieked and quickly slammed the door shut and changed my mind and didn't put him out, not wanting them to attack him and my hubby says he thinks it was likely a raccoon that shredded that chipmunk the other day based on the size of the claw marks. Beja, however, was going ape-shit and kept barking like crazy and circling at the door trying to get out to attack them, which, of course, I didn't let him. It's sad,too, it gets dark out by 7:30 pm now and not 9 pm like it did in the summer and soon it will be by 5pm.
Waaaaah!

My hubby was also able to go to the bakery and order the pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving only we're getting ours a week early as he has a chess tournament in Quebec on Thanksgiving weekend but with my mother no longer here holidays just aren't the same anyway and I won't really be doing anything other than having the pumkpin pie which is the best part anyway. He also luckily did  re-new his life insurance policy and got down to a more reasonable  rate; they'd upped it to an outrageous 1800$ a month  and the payout was a million$ but now a shorter-term policy( the last one was 20 years) and down to 250K  and just under 200$ monthly which is fine by me; I don't need to be rich; I just still need $$$ to be able to pay my bills if he dies before me and that's enough for me.
I hope and pray though every day that I go first.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Pondering.