Yesterday Beja kept barking like crazy...and then I saw THIS: a poor sad little injured chipmunk shivering stunned and silent and still on our fence. I knew it was either sick or injured because it let me get thisclose to it and didn't even move. It didn't run away like it would normally do or even flinch. I was even able to get up close enough to get this photo.
Poor little thing.
My guess is it either got into a fight with another chipmunk or else a cat got it, or perhaps a bird of prey or something but it looks in pretty bad shape and I suspect it's dying.
Yesterday I also saw 3 Monarch butterflies that kept flying above me and I like to think it might have been a message from the Other Side.

"So, have you heard your dumb-ass brother is most likely a father?"
That's how I told the youngest (age 19) about the 31 YR old and he said he knew and even the oldest all the way in Edmonton said he'd "heard rumours" so it seems that everyone knew before me, just like always, and my hubby said the baby(who weighed 5 pounds 14 oz) was actually late and had to be induced, so she was actually due in August, meaning she was conceived in November, when the 31 YR old and his ex-GF were still together ,making it even more likely that he is the father despite his denials and insisting that he's sterile.
oooohhhh, shiiiiiiiiittt....
This isn't exactly the way I was hoping to have my grandkids; ideally the kids would be married first but life has a strange way of working out but a baby is still a blessing regardless.
I can still remember my old friend G ( from the YMCA group) when he was 30 ( he's in his 60's now) saying how he never wanted kids,either(and he never had any but now says he regrets it) but also said if he ever did end up fathering a child that he would still "do the right thing" and "take responsibility" so I hope the 31 YR old does,too. On Monday my hubby's driving him up to his new dorm 90 minutes away and he said he'll give him a "good talk."
Unlike my Babushka, who only acknowledged me as her only grandchild and not the other 3 my father also had with 2 other women, because they were illegitimate.

I also got this yummmmmmy chicken Tandoori pizza with Tandoori chicken, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, mushrooms and onions. I just picked the yucky gross onions off. I also heard the outdoor stadium I have a ticket to see AC/DC on the 16th that was severely damaged by that bad storm the other day has now been deemed "structurally unsafe" by the city making me doubt the concert will be going ahead afterall unless they can find a new venue last minute which isn't exactly an easy thing to do.
Shit.
Just MY "luck."
Doesn't it just figure?
My friend J ( from the YMCA group) is also now retired( he used to work for the gov't in Ottawa) and now on a trip in Vegas and the gov't printed out new $$$ with King Charles' face on it, replacing the Queen, except he's old and sick now,too, and will likely die soon and they'll just have to replace it again soon with Prince William once he becomes King.
Fly on, thunderbird, fly
Fly on, spread your wings to the sky
Fly on, thunderbird, fly, fly on.-Quiet Riot

No comments:
Post a Comment