Saturday, October 10, 2026

Thankful.

Yesterday was weird just like the day before.
Rinse and repeat.
All of a sudden out of nowhere the sky got *REALLY* dark and I was like, "Uh, oh, not again!" and I quickly grabbed my patio cushions and ran inside....mere minutes before heavy rain came pouring down, which wasn't even forecasted for the day.
What's with  the weather the past few days,anyway? Is it due to that hurricane off the Atlantic Coast or just more reminders of unusual and extreme weather in the Last Days  and End Times  before Jesus returns?
I also like listening to the train come thru town twice a day, rattling and clanking by, and the whistle, every day at 9 am and 3pm as it rolls thru town.


This morning when I got up it's just 3C and I can see my breath so it looks like today won't be an outside day until it warms up later in the afternoon, and still only going up to 14C but I'll take it. I also heard Stairway To Heaven  again and the first Christmas ad on the radio even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet(it's actually on Monday.)
My hubby still feels like shit with his virus and never went to the tournament but I found we had turkeys down in the deep freezer so I ended up cooking those afterall and I'm going to whip up some stuffing so we'll end up having a little Thanksgiving dinner  this weekend afterall.

Yesterday my back and abdomenal pain was soooooo baaaaad as well I just wanted to scream and I could hardly even sit up and felt like I was going to pass out, and for Thanksgiving I'm most thankful in my life for Buddy, but now I'm also thankful for Beja and that God is helping me heal from my grief and loss and that we're doing ok financially since my mother died; we can still pay our bills even though it's "tight" and my mother's creditors haven't come after the house....at least not yet. I'm also thankful for the good times in the past I still have memories of and can enjoy and I hope once I get to the Other Side I can re-visit and maybe even re-live.

This is also the back porch with the fallen leaves and the walnut fruit which look like tennis balls.
It really and truly does look and feel like fall now. I was also watching a show yesterday and my hubby asked, "Where's the dog?" but I thought he was talking about Beja so I pointed and said, "He's right there!"but he meant in the show as he thought I was watching Hudson & Rex.

The best gifts really do come in small packages and I like to think Buddy sent Beja down here to me to help heal my heart.
I also love it on his walks how after he pees he "scuffs" up the grass behind him with his back legs. It's just the cutest thing.



Only you can set you free.-Living Color

 

Laff For Today.