Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Just Married!

My friend F( from grade 6)'s daughter just got married the other day(shown here) She's in her 20's and is the same one that had cancer just a few years ago. They got married in the Catholic Church and  went all-out,too: she had a wedding planner, a dressmaker who custom-made her dress, hired this sweet ride(shown below) a vintage Bentley and held the reception at the Hilton. I like the third photo; her shoes, comfortable ones instead of  heels which just kill your feet! (She's also shown with her mother, my friend's wife.)Smart thinking, esp. dancing all night at the reception. Smart girl! I also might have found another old friend from the Ottawa YMCA group on Facebook too so I sent him a message to see if it really IS him or not or just another guy with the same name and I can't really tell by the photo since people change in 35 years. When we hung out he was 30 and schizophrenic and was living in a boarding house with other recovering addicts and he didn't have any $$$ so we'd just hang out at eachother's houses or ride our bikes around and last I'd heard he'd moved back to Pembroke years ago and I'd like to think he got back with his Ex-GF because he was always talking about her and I know he still missed her and loved her and even lovingly referred to her as "Judy-Girl"so it would be nice if they got back together. I just hope he's happy.

My hubby also told me to make a hair app't for the 17 YR old today at 5 pm so I did....and he'd forgotten that he also has a dental app't at the same time( grrrrr!!!) he's such a tool,and I think I have short arms as well; I measured them for the jacket I ordered and they're 24 inches long which seems short( 2 feet) and I always have trouble reaching down into the washingmachine to get the laundry out and sleeves on shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc. are always way too long, and I'm sure I've easily lost at least 20 pounds on my Special Diet so far,too, maybe even as much as 30 pounds but I don't tell my hubby because he'd probably try to sabotage it, and the 29 YR old's boss also dropped off a couple of jars of Marinara sauce for him and he was really late getting home from work last night,too, but has a day off today.

It's also hard to believe it's the end of September already( and Chritsmas is exactly 3 months today,too!Yikes!) and it'll be Thanksgiving soon so I'll have to order the pumpkin pies from our friend's bakery and I don't even want to start thinking yet about the big dinner I'm going to have to make(uuuggghh!) and as for Christmas, this year my shopping is going to be easy as I'm only going to buy gifts for the people that gave me gifts last year and that's just my hubby and the 29 YR old, plus my mother as well even though she didn't she also doesn't have the opportunity to shop,either. Below is also a cool funky hippie-style coat I like, and I had a dream the other night as well that "Someone loves me and waits for me on the Other Side" too so I wonder if it's maybe a relative like Babushka or someone, or maybe even finally a romantic love my heart has been waiting for my whole life?



Don't gain the world and lose your soul (Just don't lose your soul) Wisdom is better than silver and gold.-Bob Marley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday.